The Earth Genome
is changing fast.
We make sense of
The Earth Genome
Who We Are
Our quest: to learn how the environment is changing.
What We Do
the way markets interact with
natural resources by making environmental data accessible and actionable.
Why It Matters
We inform decision making and help scale investment in transformative nature-based solutions.
CEO / Moore Foundation,
The Nature Conservancy
President / The Nature Conservancy
Co-Founder / UC Berkeley,
Blue Sky Consulting,
Bain & Co.
Data Science / White House, Google X, NatGeo, NASA, WRI
Design / UC,
Technology / Planet, Boundless Geospatial
Data Science / St. Mary’s College, Rhodes Scholar, Oxford University
Machine Learning / Leap Motion, NatGeo, Stanford
Data Engineer / Impact Observatory
Design / UC, TSG Consumer, Ruder Finn
Data Journalist / The New York Times, ProPublica, Cooper Union
Data Science / MIT
Editorial / EXOS, Adidas, Google
Product / Save Our Seas Foundation, Brown University
Operations / National Geographic
Product / NatGeo, Astro Digital, Esri
Product Lead / Open Street Map, Mapbox, US Dept of State
Data Product Lead / X, Stanford
Storytelling / Participant, UCLA
Geospatial Data Engineer / Jupiter Intelligence, Esri
Machine Learning / Los Alamos National Lab, Cambridge
A search tool for the environment.
Optimizing Groundwater Recharge
A platform to map groundwater.
Measuring Plastic Waste
An app that tracks global plastic pollution.
Reporting from Space
A fresh perspective for climate journalists.
We are seeking a Director of Operations with an established reputation and extensive experience in creating and implementing operational systems that optimizes an organization’s ability to execute on its mission and strategy. Reporting to the President and working closely with members of our leadership team, the Director will create and implement systems, processes, policies and procedures designed to maximize the operational effectiveness and eficiency of Earth Genome and its programs. They are positive, high-energy, motivated, organized and thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment. They are dynamic and entrepreneurial with non-proit experience in operations and program management. They are a skilled relationship and team builder, have high emotional awareness and proven success in developing strategic direction and plans, operational systems and controls, and reporting procedures. The Director is positive, high-energy, motivated, organized and thrives in a high-growth and fast-paced environment.
The Director of Operations works in partnership with the President to provide leadership to Earth Genome in the areas of program management and growth, strategic and organizational planning. They will develop and manage all administrative and operations functions in support of Earth Genomes strategic vision and programs. The Director serves as progress-facilitator, ensuring cohesion within communication, process, engagement and effectiveness on a wide variety of tasks, projects, and strategies for and on behalf of the President and leadership team. They will analyze existing business operations and provide strategic insight on how the organization can grow to be more eficient, agile, and professional. They develop processes and systems to support tracking and reporting of projects and programs, including contracts and grant management. They identify future state recommendations and solutions which create value, eficiencies, and drive key results in support of Earth Genome’s strategy. They work with the leadership team to identify measures of success, and design and produce dashboards that inform the organization on relevant, timely, and prioritized project-related data.
Responsibilities & scope (1/2)
- Partner with the President and members of the leadership team in the execution of Earth Genome’s strategic and operational goals.
- Lead on the design and execution of annual operating plans and related budgeting, forecasting and resource allocation processes.
- Provide administrative and organizational support to drive Earth Genome from early-stage venture to an established, high-impact, high-performing enterprise.
- Develop and implement (with support from the Chief of Staff) systems, practices, stafing, policies, and procedures that are empowering, eficient and effective.
- Ensure systems are in place to support a culture built on trust, transparency, open communication, deined feedback loops and accountability.
- Ensure effective and transparent decision-making protocols are deined and utilized throughout Earth Genome.
- Lead the development and implementation of an effective internal communications program.
Responsibilities & scope (2/2)
- Provide structure and processes to enable management of projects across multiple Earth Genome programs and workstreams, including tracking reporting requirements for funders.
- Partner with project/product owners to provide regular reporting for ongoing projects, lead meetings, identify and record tasks, follow up on action items, and track milestones.
- Track reporting requirements for funders, contributes to and coordinates reports, and ensures reporting requirements are met.
- Identify, recommend, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes.
- Serve as the lead project manager for Earth Genome’s strategic plan.
- Develop and lead project management program to drive success within and across
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Get in touch to learn more.